The other name of the BMP file format is a bitmap image file which is a raster graphics image file format.
It was developed as Device Independent Bitmap (DIB). It means bitmap specifies the color pixel in the form of the independent. This format is capable to store the two-dimensional images in color and monochrome format. There file structure of bitmap is consisting of fixed size structure and variable size structure.
BMP is an image which web user use without realizing it. It could be defined as a grid where the individual pixel is containing the color information.
The structure of the file format is as follow:
• Color Table
• Pixel Data
Some of the features of the BMP file are as follow:
• The value of RGB is stored in the backward form i.e. BGR
• The 4bit and 8-bit BMPs can be compressed
• These are large full file
• The amount of information is a grid
• It supports various alpha channels, color and optical data compression
• The file could be compressed or uncompressed without a loss of compression
Reading the BMP file format is simple to read because it is stored in an uncompressed form. This compels many graphic experts to use sample BMP files.
Large Sample BMP File
I have added below sample BMP File that is larger than 14 MB.
Medium Sample BMP File
I have added below sample BMP File that is approx. 2 MB.
Small Sample BMP File
I have added below sample BMP File that is approx. 1 MB.
Here, We have added different size BMP images for you. But we missed any then just let us know.